Social Icons

8 Jan 2014

What's Up Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk. Perfect for readers and writers who want to share what they've been up to on a weekly basis and right now the place to share your goals and track your progress for Ready. Set. Write!  

1) What I'm Reading

Ash bu James Herbert. I didn't realise this until I read up about it that I've accidentally picked up the last in a trilogy.  So far it doesn't feel like I'm missing out on key plots.

 2) What I'm Writing

Just been concentrating on editing.  I'm nearly towards the end of this draft for Beast Inside and then it's just going over again and typing it all up onto the computer with anything I think I can still add to it.

 3) What Else I've Been Up To

I've done all three interviews at uni for my PGCE so I have a tiny bit of my life back.  Now it's just more mock tests for driving and studying for my Literacy skills test.  I'm a tad tested out.

 4) What Inspires Me Right Now

I haven't got round to it yet but I really want to get the time to watch Ginger Snaps. It's one of my favourite horrors and inspired the idea of making Caleb and Luca brothers.  I'm listening to the playlist constantly and watching other films that also helped to inspire the story to keep me working on it. 

8 comments:

  1. The film Ginger Snaps really takes me back to my teens XD

    Hope you hear about the PGCE really soon ^_^

    I do enjoy a good James Herbert book. I was re-reading Domain but other books distracted me. I must get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First time I've ever read James Herbet. ^^ Quite like it. The basis sounded perfect as research as well. Ash is about a paranormal investigator who goes to this supposed haunted castle/asylum. Great read for my haunted hospital WiP. ^^

      Delete
  2. Wow--you certainly have been through the testing mill lately! I hope your PGCE interviews end up successfully for you. And congrats for getting through your draft of BEAST INSIDE. Revisions await you... :)

    I haven't read any James Herbert, but I've known of him for years. Not really my genre, but he's known for writing creepy stories, and I'm curious to see how creepy his books really are. I might learn something. :)

    Have a wonderful writing week, Robin! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seriously tested out. It's so mentally exhausting. So not easy to become a teacher nowadays, at least in the UK.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your editing. I hope you have a wonderful week, and a wonderful year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginger Snaps is BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been obsessed with that film for years. Absolutely love it!

      Delete