Social Icons

23 Jun 2014

Ready. Set. Write: Feeling Human

Ready. Set. Write! is a summer writing intensive that is hosted during the months of June, July, and August by Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, Alison Miller and Katy Upperman.  If you want to participate you come up with your own writing goals for those three months and check in with a short update every Monday.  This year RSW starts today until August 25th.

HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK'S GOALS:
Last week I decided to try and do the goals I'd set the first time round since I was full of cold and didn't get anything done.  I managed to revise and write up the chapter and took a look through my short story.

MY GOAL(S) FOR THIS WEEK:
Chapter 3 edit of Inside the Broom Closet and send off short story.

THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK:
Actually making time.  I'm supposed to be taking over PPA time at work and covering lessons which is great teaching experience but I'm already getting a taste of how much work I need to put in.  Lots of powerpoints needed to be created!

A FAVOURITE LINE FROM MY STORY OR ONE WORD/PHRASE THAT SUMS UP WHAT I WROTE/REVISED:
Ashley having his daily freak out. Hannah dressed in patterns and colours.

SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WIP:
Ashley's out-of-control magick moments.  Denying your powers comes with great consequences.

9 comments:

  1. I like this: "Denying your powers comes with great consequences." That's a great hook right there! Congrats on meeting your goal this week, Robin! It's so tough making time, isn't it? Especially this time of year, I find. Good luck this week! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 24 hours is not enough time to do anything! But work ends in a few weeks so hopefully I'll get more time. :)

      Delete
  2. Balancing day job and fun/writing job = booo. Definitely challenging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a toughie at times. But I wouldn't change it. Couldn't stay at home all the time! I get bored and restless if I've been off work for a single day!

      Delete
  3. Powerpoints? Goes to show how old I am. I was in secondary school before I saw overhead projectors, transparencies, and white boards! :)

    All the best for getting the short story out this week. I hope something comes of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should see the technology we have to work with at school nowadays! Interactive smart boards, touchscreen computers, netbooks...!

      Downside is you are seriously screwed if the board decides to pack in during or before your lesson!

      Delete
  4. Out of control magic moments? I would definitely enjoy reading about that!

    And good luck this week. I know all about trying to juggle work and writing. I hope it's a productive and fun week in all areas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG. Time is just killing me. If I have time to write, I'm too tired, and if I feel like writing, I have no time. Sigh. Best of luck for the week!

    ReplyDelete