Social Icons

16 Jun 2014

Ready. Set. Write: The Plague

Ready. Set. Write! is a summer writing intensive that is hosted during the months of June, July, and August by Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, Alison Miller and Katy Upperman.  If you want to participate you come up with your own writing goals for those three months and check in with a short update every Monday.  This year RSW starts today until August 25th.

HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK'S GOALS:
Not a great start.  As soon as RSW began and I had all my goals set out... I got a stinking cold that still isn't gone so I actually did nothing all last week.  No chores, no writing, just complete rest.  I feel better than I did but I'm still easily getting wiped out and a pesky after-cough is developing.

MY GOAL(S) FOR THIS WEEK:
I'll stick to the ones I made for last week since I didn't achieve them.  Edit a chapter of Inside the Broom Closet and go through short story.

A FAVOURITE LINE FROM MY STORY OR ONE WORD/PHRASE THAT SUMS UP WHAT I WROTE/REVISED:
"Helpful government is an oxymoron.  Like intelligent politician."

THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK:
Trying to get stuff done when ill.  Challenge accepted.  Challenge failed.  Barney Stinson would be disappointed.

SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WIP:
My little hippy Hannah.  With flowers and dreadlocks in her hair:



14 comments:

  1. Oh, no! Being sick is the worst. I hope this week is much better for you on all fronts. I like the line you shared, too! Here's to a productive week! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think when you're sick and just resting you can still reading and writing done. Always proven wrong!

      Amen to a productive week! ^^

      Delete
  2. Yuck! I hope this week goes better for you. I might be in your shoes because my throat is feeling awfully scratchy. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I hate that feeling! Those little indicators that a cold is coming really brings me down.

      Delete
  3. I hope you're feeling better! Being sick is the worst for productivity. I just want to sleep all day when I'm ill. :(

    But I love your hippy Hannah already! Good luck to you in the upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! ^^ Glad you like the sound of her already.

      Delete
  4. Oh noes, feel better. :( I hope you can crush your goals for this week. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what happens when I'm sick? I stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story... Or I watch Barney Stinson on youtube...one of the two. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barney Stinson should be a motivational speaker. Legen... wait for it... dary!

      Delete
  6. Hope you're feeling better! I've just recently recovered from a ghastly Plague, and I know how hard it is to get back into writing afterwards. Good luck this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! The plague is hitting us all! Glad you're recovering from it. :)

      Delete
  7. Get well quick! (and don't worry over word count and all that-your health comes first!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least the lack of writing was due to stinky cold than general laziness. Then I'd really feel guilty.

      Delete