Social Icons

30 Jun 2014

Ready. Set. Write: The Strange Case of Productiveness

Ready. Set. Write! is a summer writing intensive that is hosted during the months of June, July, and August by Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, Alison Miller and Katy Upperman.  If you want to participate you come up with your own writing goals for those three months and check in with a short update every Monday.  This year RSW starts today until August 25th.

HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK'S GOALS:
  • Chapter 3 edit of Inside the Broom Closet (Done and also started on Chapter 4)
  • Send off short story (Done) 
MY GOAL(S) FOR THIS WEEK:
Edit the rest of Chapter 4 for Inside the Broom Closet and start on July Camp NaNo.  I did intend on planning and preparing for it but I'm going to take a risk this year and wing it.  I have an idea in mind that I've been mentally planning but haven't got it all organised into notes.

THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK:
Again, another busy week of covering lessons at work and driving to and from Leeds, Darlington and Newcastle a lot this weekend but the writing got done so this week hasn't been too bad for time.

A FAVOURITE LINE FROM MY STORY OR ONE WORD/PHRASE THAT SUMS UP WHAT I WROTE/REVISED:
With his cheeky grin never leaving his face, Connor flipped his middle finger at every mocking student and jumped back up.

SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WIP:
Connor! He made his grand entrance in Chapter 3 so I had lots of fun writing with him.  

20 comments:

  1. Congrats on your accomplishments! sending off shorts is one of my fav things to do. I just recently received an acceptance and cannot wait to see where this goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Congrats on your acceptance! I've only recently got into writing short stories. Never used to write them but they've grown on me. ^^

      Delete
  2. Wow! Great job with your goals this week! And loved the line from your story! I love when I get to introduce and spend time with characters I adore. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like talking about my characters. I feel like you get to know them even more if you've been asked to introduce them. You could go on and on as if they were real people! ^^

      Delete
  3. Good luck on Camp Nano! I always get so tempted to jump in and do it, but I can't imagine adding another WIP to my already extensive list. Instead, I'll just live vicariously through all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did hum and hah over it a bit considering I'm trying to achieve editing for RSW. But I have holidays coming up so timewise it shouldn't be too bad. :)

      Delete
  4. Good job getting everything done you wanted to! I like the snippet you shared with us, too. :-) Good luck with all of the Camp NaNo stuff and this new idea you're running with. That starts tomorrow, right? Hope it's tons of fun and you get tons done as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I didn't even realise it was going to be July until last week. I can't believe how fast June has gone!

      Delete
  5. That's awesome that you completed all of your goals! I like Connor already. He seems like he is a fun character and I'm glad you shared a bit of him with us. :) Have another productive week and good luck with Camp NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work on your goals last week! Good luck this week and with Camp NaNo. I did it in April and it was so great for motivation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love NaNo. I haven't done it the last couple of times for Camp and November but I always like to take part as much as possible. It really helps getting those first drafts done.

      Delete
  7. Yay for meeting those goals. And good luck with Camp NaNo. I'm always impressed with ppl who dive into that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend Camp NaNo. I like how you can set your own word counts and not have to do the full 50,000

      Delete
  8. Congrats on sending your short story off! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY Camp! Good luck. :D Thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Connor sounds like a fun character to write :-) Cheering you on, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I kind of love Connor too! You're doing great, one chapter done and another on the way, much better than where I am currently sitting :/ Good luck with your weekly goal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that you had fun with a new character, and yay for jumping into Camp. Winging it is just fine, and a great way to get that idea out of your head and onto paper. That's the first step!

    ReplyDelete